Thursday 26 July 2007

The inaugural meeting - 19/06/07

I've just added some more details of our first meeting for good memories sake: (Grainne, I apologise but I wrote this before I read your post. Ouch, bad blogging etiquette! I promise I will read EVERYTHING from now on)

Book Group Meeting #1

Tuesday 19th June 2007
Location: Fleur's house

Attendees:
Laura
Sophia
Bridget
Kat
Grainne
Fleur

The Process:
1) Everyone puts forward a title, we pull 3 out of a hat and then vote
2) €2 kitty each time towards snacks

Books recommended:
A Thousand Splendid Suns, Khaled Hosseini
The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini

Books nominated for reading:
Perfume, Patrick Suskind - Grainne
Perfume, Patrick Suskind - Sophia
Possibility of an Island, Michel Houellebecq - Bridget
Secret Life of Bees, Sue Monk Kidd - Kat
Tropic of Capricorn, Henry Miller - Laura
God of Small Things, Arundhati Roy - Fleur

Book chosen:
Perfume, Patrick Suskind

Next meeting:
Tuesday 24th July

No comments: